Sunday, February 8, 2009

Graded Project #1

I have been working on my Photography Diploma for over a year now. This is a home study program in which Penn Foster Career School mails you all the material you need to learn, then you take your exams online. I've finally come to a point where they want me to mail in a couple projects for them to grade in person. My first project is actually just two photographs, but these two photographs have taken me months to take.

Assignment #1: A Photograph of a Building


With a new baby in March 2008, I had my hands full for a long time. I didn't get out much to take photos. There were a few times where my husband and I drove around searching for buildings to photograph to suit the assignment's requirements, but we were not very successful. Finally, I gave in and decided on the Falls Park Cafe, a landmark building in the city of Sioux Falls. While it is a beautiful building, it is not entirely what I was hoping to find. It works though, and at this point I just need to finish the project!


Assignment #2: A Photograph of a Person

This assignment was to take a photo of a woman in a pretty outdoor setting. This photo is to be used in a magazine that is talking about a woman's role in environmental problems. Sound simple enough, right? Normally this would not be a problem for me, however... I live in Sioux Falls, SD. For the past couple months we've been lucky to have temperatures go higher than 10 degrees. Couple that with my lack of available friends to model for me, I found myself in a bit of a pickle. Thankfully, on Jan 31st I took Engagement Photos for my husband's cousin Monique and her fiance Nick. She let me take a few shots of just her and here we have it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home